Frequented Asked Questions
We try to answer your frequently asked questions. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Conditions for installation
To install the Movo canopy on your scooter, you must meet the following criteria:
- Underseat center hitch (adapter available for models without a center hitch – inquire!)
- The height of your backrest seat should be 20 inches (51 cm) or more for the canopy support. For smaller seat (less than 20 inches height), no problem, please watch the following video that shows how to adjust the MOVO canopy in less than 10 seconds.
- The width of your seat should be less than 26 inches (66 cm).
A detailed assembly manual and an accurate assembly video are available on our website, so you will be able to assemble the canopy in about 25 minutes. Once assembled, the installation can be completed in less than 10 seconds.
You can install or remove the Movo canopy in less than 10 seconds. It’s ultra-quick.
Thanks to an ingenious installation using the hitch under the seat, Movo canopy is compatible with all models of 4 wheel and 3 wheel scooters, regardless of the year of manufacture (Invacare models requires our center hitch bracket).
- Make sure you have the square tube under the seat, also called “accessory port” or “hitch”, with interior dimensions of 1 square inch. This square tube should be positioned in the center, at the rear base of the seat, and be strong enough to hold some of the weight of the canopy. If non-regulatory or unstable, adding a support (square tube) is very simple, and this can be welded on by any professional in the field at very little cost.
- To optimize stability, a minimum of 20 inches of seat back height is recommended in order to use the support in this position. For small seat scooter (under 20 inches height) the MOVO canopy can still be use with a small adjustment shown in the following video.
The width of the Movo canopy is 29 inches (74 cm), which allows it to fit through all openings, even small interior doors.
The interior width of the canopy is 26 inches (66 cm). The width of your seat should be below this value.
With a total weight of 8.7 kg (19 lbs), the Movo canopy can be installed easily by one person.
- Cabins are prohibited by Transport Canada for the entire province of Quebec.
- A conventional cabin cannot be added or removed on a daily basis, as it is part of the scooter, so the customer must purchase the entire vehicle. The Movo canopy can be added and removed in less than 10 seconds. Thanks to its retractability, it can even be left on the vehicle.
- In hot weather, a conventional cabin may cause a danger of suffocation or discomfort due to the lack of air in the cabin. The Movo canopy provides optimal ventilation.
- Our Mica is an impermeable material, used in particular in the hospital environment to provide protection against aerosols. Completely closing the canopy therefore provides the user with good protection against aerosols.
Absolutely. We have thought of everything to make this canopy as versatile and useful as possible. There is an extra accessory holder at the back of the canopy, so you can use another accessory like your case or basket while being protected from the elements with your Movo canopy.